The employment practice group at Bradshaw, Fowler, Proctor & Fair grave, P.C. offers a full array of services relating to employment and labor matters, to clients in both the public and private sectors. We represent clients in litigation in state and federal courts in Iowa and elsewhere, as well as before administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, National Labor Relations Board, State and Local Civil Rights Commissions, and Iowa Workforce Development. Attorneys in the practice area have handled claims and suits arising under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, FLSA, ERISA, and the NLRA. We represent employers involved in union organizing campaigns, unfair labor practice proceedings, and ancillary litigation involving labor and management.
The group offers services in such areas as:
- Reviews and Audits of Human Resources Policies and Practices
- Counseling in Connection with Employee Terminations and Discipline
- Drafting and Implementation of Employment Policies
- Management training
- Discrimination and Harassment Investigations
- Defense of Employment Claims before State and Federal Agencies, and in State and Federal Courts
- Counseling on best practices for union avoidance
- Representation of employers before the National Labor Relations Board
- Drafting of Non-Compete and Confidentiality Agreements, and Enforcement of those Agreements
Attorneys in the practice area are actively involved in counseling employers on issues they confront in the day-to-day operations of their businesses, including review and advice on employee policy manuals, development of employment agreements, workplace privacy, drug testing, wage and hour issues, unemployment claims, protection of proprietary and confidential information, investigation of employee complaints of discrimination or harassment, and employee discipline and terminations.